Wednesday, November 11, 2009

School Life

School in Canada is a bit different than here in Taiwan. For example we get a choice in the subjects that we take, and we do not stay with the same people the whole day but have different classes with different people.

Here at CK it's almost like my school for Rebekka and I because we get to have many different classes with a different classmates. In this picture we are with a Junior High class, we are all painting pumpkins in Chinese painting. I am not the best painter but this is my favourite class. I think there is a combination of things that make this class so good; it's relaxing without being boring, I can make something that's all mine, make something that gives me pride to see, and of course my teacher is amazing!


Every second week I have sewing twice, this is one of the few classes that I have with my homeroom. I actually don't mind sewing, I thought maybe it would be a bit tedious but it keeps me occupied and again just like Chinese painting, I am able to make something that's all my own. In Canada we have sewing class which is again optional for students to take, which maybe isn't such a good thing because it isn't the most popular course among people my age.

Another traditional course that I have enrolled in at our school is calligraphy, I think it's extremely cool that I am learning things like this. When Rebekka and I started this class all the teachers involved in calligraphy bought us these calligraphy packages, it was extremely generous of them and it's one of the best keepsakes that I can think of. Actually my stay in Taiwan so far has been filled with kindness and generosity from many people. Anyways, with the gift I was given I hope that by the end of the year I will be able to write my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment